By default Firefox download an item one-by-one when you surf a webpage. However deep inside it there’s a way on how to force it to download simultaneously.
- Start your Firefox
- On the address type: about:config
- On the filter type: network.http
- Double click on network.http.pipelining so that the value becomes true
- Double click on network.http.pipelining.maxrequests and change to higher value e.g. 30
- Double click on network.http.proxy.pipelining so that the value becomes true
Restart your Firefox and you should feel some improvement.
If you realise, I capture alot of screen. There are only 3 method that I frequently use: Vista Snipping Tool, Print Screen, and MWSnap. MWSnap is a very old program but yet so powerful, light, and serve its purpose. I know its not as good as SnagIt, but I can’t afford SnagIt, beside I like free software. So, have it a try: MWSnap (http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html)
I know some of you might doing some research about something. And I know sometimes its very difficult to get that data especially about specific country. Well, I like to introduce you to UNData. Unlike a wikipedia, UNData is a collection of database that is gather by UN; which we can say somewhat more accurate. It have from Key Global Indicator to Industry Statistics. UNData (http://data.un.org/)
First off, we are very sorry that there is rarely new post to the blog. Its not that the blog is dead or anything, its just that all of the authors are quite tight with all of our day job. YES! we do have a day job. There are alot of projects in progress at the moment, and some is so huge that it can have an impact to this region.
I won’t spoil any beans at this moment. When the moment comes then you’ll be the first to know.
Anyway, there will be a line-up of post next week and we’ll try to keep it as constant as possible. Please do e-mail us and please leave a comment whenever necessary.
p/s For those who wrote to my e-mail; I do read your e-mail; its just that I have only little luxury to reply back to you due to time constraint – sorry.
One day I started my Microsoft Vista machine and find out that my Aero effect gone. Then I tried to enable it on my Personalize. What happen is that I can’t open it up. Then I tried to start my Control Panel, and the same problem occur: it won’t open up. After several research on Microsoft Knowledgebase I finally found out that there is a “bug” which not yet been fixed.
In order to resolve this problem, you need to get a hotfix from Microsoft as it is not available for download. You can refer to article 936686 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936686/en-us)
- Once you downloaded it, go to Start > Run > type “services.msc”
- When AUC popup, just click Continue
- Find SL UI Notification and stop it.
- Find Software Licensing and stop it (Regardless if there is a message about ReadyBoost)
- Then start back Software Liensing, then SL UI Notification.
- Install the downloaded hotfix (Windows6.0-KB929637-v2-x86)
- Restart your machine
It will resolved the problem. However there is also chances that this won’t fixed the problem, then that case continue reading.
Continue reading Vista Problem, Control Panel and Personalize