So, I want to create a new Facebook Tab App to one of my supported Facebook Page. I know there are a lot of tutorials out there, but I have my own unique requirements.
- Create Facebook Tab App that point to external self-hosting page/site.
- Edit and manage the pointed self-hosting page/site manually without editing through Facebook.
- Self-hosting page/site is using WordPress.
What we/you need are:
- Facebook Page, and you are the Admin of that Page.
- Facebook App that you need to create via Facebook Developer.
- Self-hosted site through WordPress.
At the end of this tutorial, we should be able to add Facebook Tab as per the picture below: Requirement, What’s New, Training, Register, and Profile.
Create Facebook App
- First you need to create Facebook App by going to: http://developers.facebook.com/
- Then click Apps on the top navigation bar
- Click Create New App
- You will be requested to create Apps name etc, just follow with the process.
- Once you done. You will be presented with your App.
- Take note of the App ID, you need this for future configuration.
- Don’t close this page yet.
- Open a new browser tab and go to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Install and activate a new plugin called: Facebook Tab Manager
- Now go to Facebook Tabs
- Click Add New and create a normal page like what you usually do in WordPress
- Now scroll to the bottom and find App ID #
- Remember the App ID I want you to take note? Now put it there and click Save
- Then Publish it
- After that, scroll back down and take note on the Facebook Integration Tab
- You need this setting for the next configuration
Mixing it together
- Now go back to your Facebook Apps and fill up the field as per from above
- Another thing that I want to highlight are:
- App Domain; write down your WordPress domain here without http
- Site URL; write down your Canvas URL as per from above
- You might want to change the Icon and Page Tab Image as well
- Once done, just click Save and you’re ready to go
- Go back to your WordPress
- Just above Facebook Integration Tab, there is a link says “Add to Page”
- Click that link and you’ll be presented with below screen
- Now, choose which page you want the app to show up, and click Add Page Tab
- That’s it!
- …and if you want to edit your Facebook Page Tab, just head over to your WordPress > Facebook Tabs